Monday, September 7, 2009

Phoenix Coyotes Telemarketing

A 37 year old man is about to sit down and enjoy his diner with his wife and two young boys, aged 8 and 10. Just as he begins to say “So how was everyone’s day?” the telephone rings…

“Hello”

“Good evening, I am calling on behalf of the Phoenix Coyotes organization and we are wondering if you would like to purchase tickets for the upcoming 2009/2010 season?”

“What are the Phoenix Coyotes?”

“They are a local National Hockey League team.”

“Oh, yes. I heard they were moving from Hamilton to here last week.”

“No, you have it backwards.”

“So the team is moving to Hamilton?”

“We don’t think so.”

“So why did you say it was backwards?”

“Well there were rumors that Jim Balsilie was going to buy the team and move it to Hamilton.”

“So the team is moving to Hamilton.”

“No, not at the moment.”

“But they can at some point?”

“I guess they can move at some point, but the league is trying its hardest to keep the team in Phoenix.”

“Oh ok, I guess that clears that up, thanks for calling.”

“Wait! Would you be interested in buying season tickets?”

“I don’t know, I only know a few players in the NHL, did the team acquire any big names for this season?

“Lauri Korpikoski was the teams big signing”

“I have never heard of her.”

“Lauri Korpikoski is a man.”

“Oh, so the top player has the same name as my wife?”

“I suppose so.”

“Is this some kind of joke?”

“No, Lauri Korpikoski is a legitimate NHL player who has loads of potential.”

“I find that hard to believe”

“You better believe it, this team is the real deal.”

“How many tickets have you sold so far?”

“We sold tickets to all the fans that rallied for the team to stay in Phoenix.”

“When was that? How many is that?”

“It was a couple of months ago at the teams’ official pub. We sold about 75 tickets.”

“Oh ya, I thought that was a small family reunion of some sort, with all of the matching shirts and all.”

“Those are the team jerseys.”

“Really? For a family reunion they weren’t bad, but a professional sports team…”

“So what do you say? Wanna buy some tickets?”

“I don’t know, it sounds like not many people are interested in this team. Why is the team staying here?”

“To satisfy the fans of Phoenix.”

“All 75?”

“75 is being modest, I am sure there are more.”

“I think you should let that Jim Silly fellow buy the team and move it to Canada, they enjoy hockey I think.”

“Don’t you want to have a hockey team in the city of Phoenix?”

“I honestly want to have diner with my family right now.”

“I’ll tell you what sir; I will throw in 20 pairs of free tickets if you buy one set of tickets now.”

“I don’t think I am interested, sorry.”

“Well thank you for your time. And keep supporting the Coyotes!”

“What are the Coyotes?”

“The hockey team we have been discussing.”

“Oh sorry, yes, it’s just such a strange name for a sports team. What’s next the Ducks? HAHA”

“There is a team named the Ducks.”

“What?!?!”

“Yes, in Anaheim.”

“A team in Anaheim? Doesn’t hockey require ice?”

“Yes.”

“This is getting ridiculous.”

“So what do you say? Wanna buy some tickets?”

“To Ducks games? Are they going to be moving to Hamilton?”

“No, but sir…”

“Put me down for a pair of tickets, my son enjoys the Disney Mighty Ducks films.”

“Oh…ok…I will make that pair for the game between… the Anaheim Ducks…and…the Phoenix Coyotes.”

“Great.”

“Thank you for your time sir.”

“Thank you.”

NHLEF OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment