Friday, July 31, 2009

Eric Lindros and His Career As Seen On Twitter

Twitter is the new big thing on the internet nowadays. It lets people post what is on their mind and what they are doing at anytime, these updates are known as Tweets. That’s pretty much it. As useless as Twitter may sound, millions of people around the world are doing it. So we at the NHLEF thought it would be cool to see what a hockey players Twitter updates would have been throughout their career. You've already seen Alexander Daigles' so, here are Eric Lindros' Twitter updates throughout his eventful hockey career.

January 6, 1989- Wow, people are calling me “The Next One” I am so good at hockey.

June 19, 1991- I am the projected 1st overall pick in this years Entry Draft by a land slide!! I am so awesome!

June 20, 1991- Crap, the Nordiques have the 1st overall pick.

June 21, 1991- I will never play for the Nordiques!

June 22, 1991- Crap, I got drafted by the Nordiques.


June 23, 1991- Screw you Nordiques, I am playing in the OHL again until you trade me.

April 29, 1992- 97 goals and 119 assists for a total of 216 points in 95 games played in my career for the Oshawa Generals, I am pretty proud of myself, I am larger than life.

July 4, 1992- Finally got traded, heading to the New York Rangers for Doug Weight, Tony Amonte, Alexei Kovalev, John Vanbiesbrouck, three first round draft picks and $12 million!!

July 5, 1992- Wait, I got traded to the Philadelphia Flyers for Peter Forsberg, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Mike Ricci, Kerry Huffman, Steve Duchesne, two first round selections and $15 million cash!

July 6, 1992- I don’t know what team I am on, Quebec, Philly, or New York?!?! The Nordiques do not know how to do anything.

July 14, 1992- I am a Flyer, finally! Have fun in stinky Quebec Peter Forsberg, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Mike Ricci, Kerry Huffman, Steve Duchesne!! HAHA

July 20, 1995- Hart Trophy Winner!! I don’t care if the season got cut short, I am still awesome.

September 2, 1995- The Nordiques are moving to Colorado?!?! I would have played there!! Oh well, the team is still brutal. I’ll win I Cup before them.

December 6, 1995- Avalanche acquire Patrick Roy! He is a good goalie. Still won’t help that joke of a team.

May 28, 1996- Eliminated from the Playoffs again. Next year is the year.

June 21, 1996- Crap! Avalanche win the Stanley Cup. That could have been me. I’ll get mine soon.

June 5, 1997- Stanley Cup Finals!! Only four more wins until my Cup!

June 20, 1997- We got swept, there is always next year. Congrats Detroit.

January 5, 1998- I am ranked number 54 on The Hockey News' list of the 100 Greatest Hockey Players of all time!!

February 6, 1998- Bobby Clarke is starting to really grind my gears.

February 23, 1998- Eff you Darius Kasparaitis for giving me a concussion. My head hurts.


April 1, 1999- Ouch my ribs!

April 2, 1999- I had a collapsed lung caused by internal bleeding, Flyers, I really shouldn’t play hockey for awhile. Stop telling me I should. These team doctors are useless.

October 2, 1999- Flyers took my “C” away for bad mouthing the team doctors. I am beginning to dislike this franchise.

November 5, 1999- Ouch my head. Another concussion.


Feburary 7, 2000- Another concussion.

April 27, 2000- I think I need a new helmet…another concussion.


May 20, 2000- I am going to return from my concussion and help beat the New Jersey Devils!!

May 21, 2000- Eff you Scott Stevens!! You gave me another concussion!! I guess I wasn’t ready to return to game action.


May 23, 2000- Eliminated from playoffs, I think my days with Bobby Clarke and Philly are over!!

October 5, 2000- I am sitting out this season until I get traded to Toronto preferably!

June 21, 2001- Crap! Colorado won the Cup, again! I may have made the wrong decision 10 years ago.

August 20, 2001- Traded to New York Rangers!! Not Toronto, but better than Philly. Seeya Bobby Clarke!!


February 23, 2004- Eighth career concussion. Helmets do nothing.


June 25, 2005- I will never win a Cup with the Rangers, I am out of here!

August 5, 2005- I finally get to play for the Leafs!


April 7, 2006- That was a crappy season. I am done with the Leafs.

August 2, 2006- I am going to be playing in Dallas this upcoming season! Comeback and Cup, here I come.


May 1, 2007- Out of the playoffs. Stanley Cups are hard to get. But hey, at least I nailed Kate Hudson!


November 8, 2007- I am done with hockey. I should have stuck with the Nordiques.

NHLEF OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment